We provide three service packages and maintain a flexible attitude in order to adapt our service to meet our clients' individual requirements
Giving landlords a complete piece of mind, this service is ideal for landlords who prefer all aspects to be handled by the agency
- A partner or senior member of staff will conduct a free, no obligation valuation and offer appropriate advice about renting your property.
- During the valuation we will advise on safety regulations.
- We will provide written advice on your obligations as a landlord.
- The marketing of your property will include;
- Farebrother Smith website;
- Rightmove website with internal and external images;
- local press;
- our office;
- lettings list; and
- We will arrange a 'To-Let' board if required.
- We will accompany all viewings.
- We obtain full references and a comprehensive credit check report on all prospective tenants.
- We prepare a suitable tenancy agreement and arrange for the signature of the tenant.
- We collect a deposit to secure the property and forward it to The Deposit Protection Service.
- We prepare a full and comprehensive inventory and schedule of condition report, including internal photographs and details of all fixtures and fittings.
- We arrange to check-in the tenant and agree with them the inventory. It will be signed by the in going tenant and a member of our staff on your behalf.
- If you wish, we will also deal with compulsory annual gas safety certificates, compulsory energy efficiency certificates and the recommended electrical appliance certificates for you.
- We will supervise the reading of meters, and notify all utility companies of the change of tenancy.
- We will notify the local authority for council tax purposes.
- We will take monthly rental payments in advance and pay you promptly via BACS. Payments will be recorded in your monthly statement.
- We will inspect the property periodically and keep you informed of our findings
- We will deal with all maintenance issues with the property and aim to keep in contact with you to discuss any required repair work. These works can be handled by our in house maintenance team to keep costs down.
- We will our best to ensure the tenancy runs efficiently.
- Once the tenant has vacated the property, we will conduct the final inspection and deal with the return of the deposit. Any discrepancies found from the final inspection will be agreed with the tenant on your behalf.
Tenant Find and Rent Collection
Stay in control, but let us worry about the rent collection
This service includes points 1 to 14 inclusive as above, but the general management of the property is passed over to you.
Tenant Find only
We find your tenant and let you be the landlords
If you wish to conduct the management of the property yourself, we can provide a let only service.
This service includes points 1 to 12 inclusive as above.
In addition, we ensure a standing order is set up for all future rental payments to be credited direct into your account.
At the start of the tenancy, the first month’s rent and the deposit will be collected and then credited to your account, minus the agreed fee. From that point, the tenant will be in direct contact with you and management of the tenancy passes to you.